Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Reels and resumes OUT THE DOOR!!!

Thirty five reels and resumes are now on the way to their perspective post houses, mostly trailer. Last night I finished up the packaging process, finally standing back in amazement at the row of bubble packs that stood before me. This had been a very lengthy process, and there were a number of factors that added more time.

Having the flu definitely got in the way. Supplies I had always purchased, like certain brand named DVD labels, photo paper for slimline insert cards, and even DVD-Rs, were suddenly nowhere to be found. It took time to hunt down alternates. Black and color ink were suddenly low in my printer. So there was another trip to store, as well as more items I had no choice but to spend money on. As always, creative perfection was another time consumer. Probably one of the most important things I needed to accomplish. The reel HAD to look and sound professional and sharp.

Ultimately, I'm proud of the work I've put into this round of reels and resumes, which is the first mass mailing of my new upgraded design. As I left the post office this morning I felt a real sense of accomplishment, and my hope is to get some real feedback from some of these post houses I'm still trying to work with.

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

LOL - When did you find time to sleep?! If you have any spares please send me the new and improved reel of doom. BUT, most importantly... GOOD LUCK!!!

 
At March 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks!! Yeah, sleep was not an option during this entire operation! It's so overrated anyway. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home