Saturday, February 27, 2010

A week of prepping reels and resumes

Coming off the Playground Media Group fiasco, last Monday I dove into updating my reel and resume in preparation for carpet bombing thirty five post houses, thirty three trailer, two DVD content.

Step one was to have Happy Hour Creative upload my trailer for "Bangkok Adrenaline", which they did that day. Then to incorporate that and the final hi-rez "Book of Eli" spot they uploaded previously onto my reel.

This process of buying mailing supplies, a spindle of DVD-Rs, resume paper and envelopes, calling all post houses on my list to verify that the contact person I'm referring my materials to is the same as last time, then updating the reel, resume, cover letters, printing out DVD labels, slimline case inserts, mailing labels, return address labels, putting the DVD labels on the finished reels and inserts in the slimline cases, printing those resumes and cover letters, packaging everything up, and heading to the post office has always been extremely time consuming. After five days (and a need to do some re-polishing of the reel now that the new trailer was in and fine tuning some of the wording on the cover letters), I'm now at the point where a good chunk of the work has been completed, but there's still a few things left to do.

It didn't help much that, after heading back to the gym on Monday and hitting it a little harder than maybe I should have, I became sick. Not to mention very, very achy. By late in the week I was coughing a lot with an extremely sore throat, congestion, and headache. By the time Friday came around I was burned out with working on everything. I had to stop and pick things up on Monday, taking a two day break to clear my head. What's left on the list is to print out all the resumes, cover letters, mailing and return address labels, DVD labels and slimline inserts, burn DVDs, then the packaging conveyor belt begins.

An e-mail exchange with Chris at Happy Hour while downloading "Bangkok Adrenaline" found work picking up with them. He said the next project they get in they'd need another editor for. So I'm naturally hoping that happens sooner rather than later.

Still trying the find meaning in the whole Playground thing. Everything happens for a reason, and there was a reason why I suddenly found myself out of work again. Was it because another, better project was looming at a post house I'd be more appreciated at? Whatever was intended by this sudden change of events, I need to discover it before I have to pay my rent by March 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home