Friday, January 29, 2010

The work broadens, and everything is about to turn around!!!

On Wednesday I completed the first rough cut of the broadcast trailer for "The Bounty Hunter" at Playground Media Group. Over the course of three days I really showed them my stuff and began a very good repore with the producer on this project. Not only hearing some great feedback about my work, but also hints regarding another project possibly in the wings for me. I, of course, said I was VERY interested.

As we were winding down and about to output the spot for studio review, the producer said she definitely wanted me to work with her on the season one DVD for "Cougar Town", and that the director of post production would be in shortly to discuss details with me. A few minutes later, he came by to confirm that they wanted me to start on "Cougar Town" first thing Monday morning! I was told that they needed to get some info together for the project, but would be in touch in the next day or two. At that point I was pretty much done and have been off work for these past two days.

Wow!!

Then he told me that this producer was also going to be putting together a DVD for another season of "Scrubs", PLUS that a second producer would be needing help on some of the projects he was gearing up for, including DVDs for "Desperate Housewives", "Grey's Anatomy", and "Private Practice"!

O.K. let's say that a little bigger this time...WOW!!!

As I went out to the parking lot and got in my car, I felt a glow of happiness that I had indeed come into something really fantastic! And the interesting thing is, this is what's happened almost every time I've started at a new post house. They bring me in for one project, see my work and good repore with a particular producer, then offer me several more projects lined up one after the other from there! I feel truly blessed that this has occurred once more. So at this point I could conceivably be working at Playground for the next couple of months! Right now I really feel that everything is going to be alright. Coming off the financial hell of last year, this couldn't be better news!

Oh but wait...there's more!

I had a further discussion with the director of post production about how work had been during the economic downturn of 2009. This led him to offer to talk with accounting about processing my check a bit earlier than the usual 30-day turnaround. I accepted wholeheartedly and expressed my deepest appreciation if that could be worked out.

Today I received an e-mail completely confirming my return Monday morning, and that changes to "The Bounty Hunter" had come back from the studio. So I'll be working on those first, then swinging over to "Cougar Town". Also confirmed: accounting will be issuing me my first check in two weeks! Amazing!

Ultimately I am relieved financially, and excited about these high profile projects I'll be working on. 2010 is officially off to a great start!

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks! So glad to be working on a major studio project once again! Particular after the bad 'ol independent film I was cutting over the holidays. BLAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home