Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update from Happy Hour and my "Eli" broadcast trailer

Sent an e-mail to Chris at Happy Hour this afternoon asking about that hi-rez version of my "Book of Eli" broadcast trailer I'm trying to get my hands on, plus an update about work. He sent me a link to download the spot, which I immediately did. Yes! Now I have my master! As mentioned, previously he'd sent me the link to the wrong version, but no worries. The Warner Bros. promotional dept. had just made a mistake.

Project wise, he hasn't heard anything about the Berlin Film Festival yet, which was suppose to yield some trailer work. Said there were other projects heating up and would keep me posted.

Here at Playground Media Group I'm on my second day and moving along quite nicely. I'll have a completed first rough cut by tomorrow for the producer to look at, give notes, and then we'll be ready to send it to Sony Pictures for approval by week's end. During a meeting today, I learned that she would probably be needing an editor to work on the first season DVD for the TV show "Cougar Town". They're still working out the schedule, but she knows I'm interested. It would certainly be great to segue into that within a reasonable amount of time!

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

We like "Cougar Town" so it won't put a spike in your eye or anything to work on!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yes, I've been enjoying the episodes I've watched so far. Can't say I'll become a fan after this (unlike working on the DVD for "24" Season 5 where I got totally into it, post project), but it definitely has some humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home