Thursday, January 21, 2010

TRAILER JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!

OMG, I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT 4PM TO WORK ON A MAJOR STUDIO TRAILER!!! YES!!!

Digging more heavily than usual into the job listings, I found and replied to four ads in the last three days. Two looking for trailer editors, one for a film editor, and the last, a DVD editor for Sam Hurwitz who I'd worked with previously on several projects at Precision Post.

In response to one of the trailer editor job listings, I just received an e-mail response from the director of post production at Playground Media Group, a top trailer, TV spot, and DVD post house I discovered while watching the Golden Trailer Awards almost two years ago! I'd previously sent reels and resumes to these guys but never got a response. Now, with this ad on entertainmentcareers.net, I have an interview and hopefully an 'in'! When I gave a call right after I saw the e-mail, he said he was interested to see my reel and if I was available to come by tomorrow.

Right now I'm going to put the finishing touches on the newly updated reel that includes my "Book of Eli" spot, even though it's the downloaded online version.

Speaking of which, I did finally speak with Chris at Happy Hour today about getting my hands on that master. He said the studio did upload a copy for them, but it turned out to be the wrong one. So he's going to have them send the proper final version which I can come by to pick up...but to wait for his confirmation before I headed down. This could be a major travel day tomorrow since I may be stopping by Happy Hour, heading to my interview with Playground Media at 4, then very conveniently driving just a series of blocks over to the Aero Theatre to pick up our free tickets for next weekend's screening of "Better Off Dead". Talk about a gas saving trip!

Update about the interview the minute I get home!

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

Okay, I'm waiting to hear...

 
At January 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

It's up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home