Saturday, January 2, 2010

Star Wars Celebration V announced

I'm just a little late commenting on this, but...

It looks like they've FINALLY announced a Star Wars Celebration V! Great!!! Fantastic!!! Woohoo!!!......you excited?! Good. Now here's the bad news, at least for some of us: it's being held August 12-15, 2010. Just two weeks after the San Diego Comic-Con in July!

I call that a big YIKES!

Plus, the location for this go-around is Orlando, Florida. Right in the middle of the summer Disney World rush and a heavy dose of very humid weather. Bottom line: I really don't see this happening. Much as I'll be disappointed to miss this rare event, I really don't think it's going to work.

We have our hotel reservations already for Comic-Con, and certainly that's an annual mainstay for me. Of course this year is the 30th anniversary of "The Empire Strikes Back" (I will not say "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back"...I'M SORRY!), and I know they'll definitely be giving this important milestone it's due. But I would not be surprised if that much more attention goes into "The Clone Wars" animated series. Something I really have no interest in at all. You know Lucas; he didn't have anything to sell at Celebration IV here in 2007, which is why the event was less than spectacular. Even though that was the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars" (I'm not going to say it!), I kind of see "Empire" given a somewhat similar fate.

If Celebration V were a bit closer, like say.....LOS ANGELES.....I would absolutely make arrangements to get there! The cold hard facts are three: Comic-Con being two weeks before (which frankly I'm not giving up), money, distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home