Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reel and resume barrage!!!

Now that my "Book of Eli" spot has hit the web and TV, I can actually include it on my reel! As previously mentioned, Chris at Happy Hour Creative said I could stop by to pick up a copy. One snag though; I just learned at the end of last week that Warner Bros. had not delivered a copy to Happy Hour yet. All of the spots approved would have gone out for finishing at another post house, then returned for vault storage at the original house that worked on it. That, of course, is Happy Hour.

I have a near HD version I was able to download, but still want to get the ACTUAL quicktime file. That would certainly look much better on my reel rather than something I grabbed online. Top quality is the key here. I used the download version this week to cut into my reel for temp. placement, and am ready to start burning reels and printing resumes. NEED to get that master from Happy Hour. Putting in a call today since my e-mail was not returned from Monday. I'm sure that could mean they haven't gotten it back yet. This is what Chris usually does; if there's no word, he'll wait until there's confirmation before contacting me.

There are now 35 post houses that I'm still trying to get work with. Now is a good time to fire bomb everyone with my materials because things are still on the rise for the year. Hopefully they'll actually have some time to view and absorb it.

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

"Now is a good time to fire bomb everyone with my materials because things are still on the rise for the year. "

I was gonna make a remark about it being like hitting London in WWII. Then I thought: That's probably not the smart choice @$$hole! Jeez some people, ya know?

 
At January 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yeah, we probably shouldn't talk about London being fire bombed at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home