Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some major news from Happy Hour Creative

Here's an interesting update I hadn't taken the time yet to post...

Got a call last week from Chris at Happy Hour Creative. He wanted to let me know that the "Book Of Eli" broadcast spot I'd cut had been approved by the studio to be one of the official set to promote the movie. I was not only thrilled to hear this(!), but really appreciative of Chris for contacting me with the news. He didn't have to, and it's a rarity to even think that a producer, much less the head of a trailer house, would inform an editor down the road with this type of development. Yet another reason why Happy Hour is absolutely the place for me to be. In general and when a staff position is offered.

Speaking of which, there was more news to be had. Turns out one of their staff editors had just left the company to explore other opportunities. Chris said that because of this, they'd need to bring me in more often. This was definitely exciting news, and of course once again I expressed my interest to fill that now empty position. Chris said they were rearranging things a bit so the workload would be evenly distributed, mainly due to the continued economical crisis. Keeping my fingers crossed that in time that spot could be mine!

Chris informed me that my "Book Of Eli" spot should be up on the official website shortly. Wow! The thing that especially excites me about this being approved is that I was given a fair amount of free rain on the project. There was a VO script to use as a guide, but Chris wanted me to cut this thing like a Comic-Con trailer. So I came up with a fairly edgy concept, cut against a choral arrangement music track, segueing into a climactic action montage. The movie's release date is January 15. Will keep you updated when my spot hits the site!

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

YES!!! As always fingers are crossed and good thoughts are beamed your way!

 
At December 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thank you, my east coast cheering section! You're good thoughts and fingers crossed are always much appreciated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home