Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decorating, indie film cutting, and a response from a trailer house

Decorating the tree and apartment continues. Just didn't have all the time I needed to get it done in one day. Continuing to work on the independent film. All is going well. Director is stopping by again tomorrow to check things out.

Received an e-mail response from the contact at Aspect Ratio that Chris at Happy Hour referred me to. Said he received my reel and resume, but that they were sufficiently staffed to deal with the current workload. They were definitely going to file my materials and for me to feel free to check in from time to time. Fair enough. I will definitely be following up with them in the future.

Plus, as I'm writing this, a call came in from Lussier. They primarily handle network TV promos. I'd been contacted by them some time ago but nothing ever came of it. I was told they were updating their freelance listings and wanted to get a new copy of my reel and resume. Will send that right out in the mail tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At December 3, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

*thumbs up* Cool that they want you to check in. Most places - don't call us, we'll call you.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yes, definitely! It's just a question of hitting them at the right time when calling. The best time is when they are in need of freelancers, obviously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home