Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Avatar" update: tickets PURCHASED!

Shortly after I posted about wanting a midnight screening of "Avatar" in 3D at The Arclight Dome, I checked the website to see if tickets had gone on sale. Sure enough, there it was! Unfortunately, because I wasn't on the ball, I missed out on finding good seats to that midnight show. Apparently they went on sale Friday. I was reasonable O.K. with this, but felt very strongly about wanting to catch the movie during opening weekend.

Friday night didn't have the best seats either, and Saturday had a scheduling conflict. Seats then were good, but Sunday night's turned out to be the best! Dead center, straight-on view of the screen. I especially wanted to have the best seats in the house because the movie is in 3D. Optimum viewing, that's what I'm talking about!

So we now have tickets for Sunday night, December 20th, 7pm, in The Dome. God bless it! Can't wait!

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

Woot! The hype has finally won me over, now I can't wait to see "Avatar". Watched HBO's 15-minute making of and well, Cameron probably is a womanizing prick, but he knows how to get what he wants and put on the big screen!
I will have to see it in 2D first, why you might ask? Because those G.D. 3D glasses don't work well with my regular glasses, at all.
But after I see it in 2D I'll definitely go check it out on the IMAX screen.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I wonder how many other people 3D has an adverse affect on, sight wise. I have really high hopes for this, and the anticipation for Cameron's first film since "Titanic" came out twelve years ago is gi-normous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home