Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009 Golden Globe Awards nominees announced

Among the nominations I am most excited about:

BEST FEATURE - DRAMA: "Avatar"
BEST FEATURE - COMEDY: "(500) Days of Summer"
DIRECTOR - MOTION PICTURE: James Cameron
SCREENPLAY - MOTION PICTURE: Neill Blomkamp, Terri Tatchell - "District 9"
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: "Up"
and in the television catagory that I'm usually not that interested in...
TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL: "Modern Family"

Even though "Sherlock Holmes" is still a week and half away from premiering, I'm really happy that Robert Downey, Jr. received a nomination for Best Actor, Comedy or Musical. Definitely looking forward to this, as well as experiencing the splendor of "Avatar" and the possibility that "Avatar" could have Jim Cameron become 'The King of the World' once more. "Up", of course, is so far my favorite movie of 2009. Beyond all of the summer blockbusters that sort of went bust, this Pixar gem is just an incredibly fun and moving story.

"(500) Days of Summer" was a really nice surprise a few months ago, and "District 9" is definitely way under nominated, I feel. I was truly amazed to find that "Modern Family" is an incredibly funny show! And I mean REALLY funny!!! I literally can't wait for each week's episode. It was co-created by Christopher Lloyd, and I'm very happy to see his show on the rise.

Click on the Golden Globe to see the complete list of nominees at Variety.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home