Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apartment & house hunting weekend

This weekend was spent compiling more listings of and looking at houses / apartments closer to places I work, etc. It's been kind of frustrating because I'm trying to keep within a certain price range and am just not finding anything I really like yet. There have been a couple of possibilities though. However, if the rent is too low, than you have a problem with comfort, security, and a general sense of feeling at home and happy. If you go to high, I'm left with paying too much rent and not having any room to breathe financially.

Unfortunately this has caused a kind of Catch-22. Don't worry, I'm not giving up. Just realizing that this could take a while, as I suspected it would. My lease is up at the end of this month, and I have not signed a new year lease because I'm trying to move. Luckily, in speaking with the property manager a few days ago, I learned that they are willing to allow me to go into a month-to-month arrangement for a bit so I can have more time to find something I like. This is great news (!), and will allow me to relax a bit and not be rushed into a potentially unhappy living situation by the clock running out in two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home