Saturday, September 5, 2009

Post "GB" double feature

Unfortunately Director Ivan Reitman was sick yesterday and unable to attend the "Ghostbusters" double feature. However I still had a great time watching both movies on the big screen again with the usual enthusiastic fan audience. I was a little surprised no one showed up in costume, and even half expected to see an Ectomobile parked out front at some point.

The evening was introduced by Grant, one of the American Cinematheque movie schedulers, who gave a rundown of some upcoming events. One of these in particular had my ears perked way up. The Aero Theatre is going to have a John Hughes tribute series in October that will include screenings of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "The Breakfast Club", "Sixteen Candles", Pretty In Pink", and "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles"...and that's not even the complete list!! So once again, the wheels began to turn in my head like Cameron's Dad's Ferrari...just not in reverse!

During the middle of "Ghostbusters" I headed to the lobby to grab a drink, hoping to speak with Grant about the possibility of including "Through The Eyes Of John Hughes" during the screenings. After making my usual pitch about the tribute video, he asked if I could send him the YouTube link...which I did the minute I got home last night. Fingers crossed yet again that I can be a part of something special at one of my favorite theaters in LA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home