Saturday, August 8, 2009

Post "Pretty In Pink" screening

Tonight's screening was awesome! But most importantly of all, "Through The Eyes Of John Hughes" was a huge hit! It was really exciting to hear the crowd laugh, cheer, and react to my music video tribute for the first time, AND projected on a 40 foot screen! I even had a chance to get up and introduce it. How cool is that?! There was probably about three to four hundred people in attendance.

I'm definitely feeling a real sense of satisfaction tonight. And yet I have to say, upon watching it again, I still feel that "Pretty In Pink" is my least favorite of Hughes teen movies. Even "Weird Science", which some claim to be a low point during his 80's crest, is higher on my radar than "PIP". Still enjoy it, but definitely LOVE "Some Kind Of Wonderful" that much more. Which of course was John Hughes answer to the studio wanting Molly Ringwald's character to end up with Andrew McCarthy instead of John Cryer's Duckie. He literally made "SKOW" to fix the story and do it the way he wanted. I agree, it's better. But The Duck Man still rules.

They also had a costume and Duckie look-alike contests which were fun. Plus a prom photo area where you could show off your 80's prom wear against a decorated faux gymnasium wall. My friend Ida was there with her son and a son's friend. We had a great time and I'll definitely be looking forward to going to future screenings at the Hollywood Outdoor Cinema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home