Sunday, August 9, 2009

Continued tributes to John Hughes

Here are a few more Hughes alumns giving praise...

Jeffrey Jones (Rooney in "Ferris Bueller’s Day Off") -
“I’m just shocked and surprised and really sad that John is gone, because I know that he had more in him.”

Judd Nelson (John Bender in "The Breakfast Club") -
“I am shocked and saddened by the unexpected death of John Hughes… Though I worked with him but one time, he had a profoundly meaningful and lasting affect on my life as an actor, and as a young man… John’s desire for the truth of the spoken word aligned perfectly with his gift for treating young people not as children, but as developing adults… John always treated me with respect and consideration… he encouraged a real and active collaboration… he was most generous with his insight… and John was patient… John Hughes was a giant… and under his great shadow we remain… My heart breaks for his family… I know many people whose lives were touched by John will be saddened today… I know I am.”

Kevin Bacon (starred in "She’s Having a Baby") -
“I will always cherish the time I spent with John Hughes. I was so grateful for the opportunity to walk around in his shoes and try to see the world through his brilliant eyes.”

Howard Deutch (director of "Pretty in Pink" and "Some Kind Of Wonderful") -
“The world of film has lost a giant, but I have lost a mentor and a friend.”

Alan Ruck (Cameron Frye in "Ferris Bueller’s Day Off") -
“He was an advocate for teenagers as complete human beings, and he honored their hopes and their dreams. That’s what you see in his movies - yeah, they’re crazy kids and they’re obsessed with whatever they’re obsessed with, but you realize that they have hearts and minds and they have some dreams and plans for the future and they’re going to go somewhere. They’re works in progress. John honored that. I think that’s what he found fascinating.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home