Friday, June 12, 2009

Passing into history, part 1

Today is the day! The day television stations across the country are switching off their analog signals in favor of the all digital world we now live in. For some people it's going to be the headache of gaining access to a converter box or even buying a new TV in this rotten stew right now called the economy.

I actually still have an analog set I purchased when I was first putting together my edit bay back east. It's still like brand new and I intend to keep it for several reasons. Mostly having to do with VHS tapes I shot from twenty five years ago I'll be digitizing in order to preserve footage on them. It will help me to watch the analog signal from those tapes as I'm burning DVDs. Kind of a true QC.

Here's an article about analog's final day on nytimes.com.

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

We still have three analog TV's in our house!

Are you burning a DVD of "Tick of the Clock" to send to The Baze?

If will say this for digital, it has vastly improved the quality of programming on our local ABC affiliate. It's so clean and sharp now, they should have done it much sooner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home