Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Further "Star Trek" observation

Was reading something online and had a thought jolt out of my head suddenly.

In the movie, Nero (Eric Bana) has the "red matter" that can collapse the supernova before it destroys Romulus and he's thrown back in time 130 years. So why doesn't he just collapse the star 130 years early, so Romulus is safe? Or even take all the knowledge he has from the future to make Romulus stronger than it ever was. There were so many other options for him to better the situation than sit and wait 25 years for Spock (Leonard Nimoy) to appear (who was clearly trying to help) just to make him suffer. What a waste.

4 Comments:

At May 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

Well the movie would have been a lot shorter then.

LOVE THE KIRK PHOTO!!!

 
At May 16, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Anonymous Rebecca said...

I think they are doing it just to make you mad!!

 
At May 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill here. Saw "Star Trek" w/Joe(Muffy) on friday...and Yes! It was very good! Shocked? I actually enjoyed it more than the trailers initially led me to doubt. McCoy (I can't remember the actor's name..sorry) was superb! DeForrest Kelly would've been most proud! Only two things: Nero was not exactly a three-dimensional villain to me. They could've given him more to do. And color me stupid, but where was Winona Ryder? Spock's mom? I guess she just slipped by me in the excitement of it all. Anyway, altogether a very good film. 8 out of 10! Give a call when you can...Bill.

 
At May 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Anonymous LA Filmcutter said...

Yes, they are doing this to piss me off!!! LOL!

Glad you liked it, Bill. But yes, I was shocked when you said you did! Winona Ryder was indeed Spock's mother. Not sure why she's even in this movie because frankly that could have been any actress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home