Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ridding the world of nuclear weapons...sounds familiar

Among the numurous larger-than-life tasks our hopeful leader has outlined to attack and conquer, President Obama has stated this week that he intends to rid the world of nuclear weapons. I think this is an admirable plan, and one that should actually happen. Our new 'superman' in The White House is exactly what we need right now.

But right away I'm reminded of someone who did just that twenty years ago. Well at least in the movies. Now all Obama needs is a giant net to fling those warheads into the sun! Wooooo!!!!!

It's kind of cool that Obama continues to follow in the footsteps of The Man Of Steel. And I really doubt he's going to bomb like "Superman IV".

"We can't live in fear, and I can't stand by and watch as we stumble into madness of possible nuclear destruction. And so I've come to a decision. I'm going to do what our governments have been unwilling or unable to do. Effective immediately, I'm going to rid our planet of all nuclear weapons." - Superman addressing the United Nations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home