Monday, April 6, 2009

"Wolverine" online leak: Let's have some respect!!!



Of course we've all heard by now about how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" leaked online last week. Here is a portion of the comments I made on MovieWeb.com.

I wish the fanboys out there who download bootlegs would have a lot more respect and turn away from doing this shit!!! These are the same people videotaping trailers and special content at Comic-Con. Even after they're nicely and respectfully asked not to. KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF!!!

People like that are just ruining the whole experience of seeing movies like "Wolverine" in the theater. Not just for themselves but others who might be turned away by their reviews. The loss of revenue that follows will absolutely affect people's jobs and careers in the industry, and I am one of those people! I'm tired of these little fucks who think they can do whatever they want (regardless of consequence) to the very movie industry they so worship. Of course I worship it too, and LOVE seeing advanced footage the studio officially releases. But there are boundaries of consideration and respect when it comes to this kind of abuse.

This just continues my love/hate relationship with the fanboy community. I love them because they are good, fun, talented, passionate, creative people who worship movies, sci-fi, and comics. But when they take something away from me and others who share my enthusiasm, I'm really frustrated and furociously annoyed at them!

I could have watched "Wolverine" online. It was right there in front of me, and yet I chose not too. I have my tickets for the midnight show at The Arclight. That's where I want to watch it for the first time...period!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home