Saturday, March 14, 2009

"The Cake Eaters"

Went to a special free screening at The Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood of a new movie directed by actress Mary Stuart Masterson entitled "The Cake Eaters". It stars Bruce Dern, Kristen Stewart ("Twilight"), Aaron Stanford (Pyro in "X2" and "X3"), and Elizabeth Ashley. Rebecca had picked up a couple of passes through her work and asked if I wanted to go.

I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Plus, after the screening, Bruce Dern and Aaron Stanford took the stage for a little Q&A. Dern had some great stories about working in Hollywood in the late 60's and early 70's. Including a couple of funny moments he had with John Wayne during the filming of "The Cowboys". Not sure what the film was shot on, but definitely some form of high definition. And not transfered to film even! As the opening credits came up they were completely static in the frame. The cinematography was really beautiful.

Was hoping Mary Stuart Masterson would be there as well, but no such luck. Course if she did show I'd have to have her sign my "Some Kind Of Wonderful" 1-sheet. I'm really glad to see her branching out into directing. But deep down she'll always be 'Watts' to me.

Click on the 1-sheet image to learn more at the official site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home