Monday, March 30, 2009

"Watchmen": 3rd screening

Went to see "Watchmen" again on Friday. Will definitely be buying the full artist's soundtrack now. I only purchased a couple of tracks from that originally. I especially love Philip Glass' 'Pruit Igoe & Prophecies' played during Dr. Manhattan's origin sequence narrated by Billy Crudup. That's probably my favorite part of the movie.

I also picked up the "Tales of the Black Freighter" DVD. Wasn't really interested in seeing "Freighter" actually. Kind of got bored with the side story in the graphic novel and stopped reading those panels about a third of the way through the book. What I was more interested in was Hollis Mason's "Under The Hood". Great little 38 minute documentary told like a television interview special from the late 70's. I had hoped for a little more content, ala those in-between chapters from the comic. But I certainly enjoyed what we did get. I know this will probably be a part of the "Watchmen" special edition DVD, but I really wanted to pick it up now while the movie was fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home