Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to Academy Awards Weekend!

So here we are just one day away from the 81st Academy Awards. We all know that "Slumdog Millionaire" will win Best Picture (blah, blah, blah) and that Heath Ledger will most certainly be awarded the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "The Dark Knight" (without a doubt the highlight of the entire event). But before it all happens, I made my annual pilgrimage to The Kodak Theatre this past Wednesday to walk the red carpet...covered in protective plastic!

As mentioned in my previous post, every year I manage to find a hole in the plastic where I can reach down and touch a part of Hollywood. This year was no exception. Click on the pic of me for a larger image. This was taken about 25 feet inside the curtain draped entrance to The Kodak you see in the top photo. Coming here once again has helped me reconnect with the industry in a way that I'll always search out when I get a little too bogged down in some of the everyday mundane tasks of life.

This is Hollywood! This is the film industry! This is The Academy Awards! I really am a part of it!.....is how I feel when I arrive here each year. I'm ready once again to go out and grab the brass ring...all 28 of them! The number of post houses I'm striving to get into.

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 2:33 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

HEY! Don't touch that. You don't know where that Red Carpet's been!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home