Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Struggling to get work

I was really, really hoping to be working by now. Unfortunately the work horizon has pretty much been a desert.

This has caused some great concern when it comes to my financial situation. Money is running out and I've been trying everything I can to get work, even a couple of days here and there, to keep me going until things pick up the way they usually do around this time of year. Happy Hour is still a bit lean, and I've been in contact with Chris at least once a week to check in. I'm sure I'll find myself back there soon, but in the meantime I have to keep going.

I'm in the process of doing a major overhaul of my reel both in design as well as content. It's time to reach out once again to the 28 post houses I'm trying to get into. Contacting them while they're sitting on their hands making the deals to bring projects in themselves is one of the best times to gain attention.

I have to admit that over the past two months, being concerned about finances and everyday life, I've actually had a bit of a disconnect from the industry and Hollywood...even though I'm right here! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be making my usual pilgrimage to The Kodak Theatre in Hollywood just a few days out from The Academy Awards to reconnect; envision once again walking the red carpet, reaching down through one of the usual tears or holes in the protective plastic cover to touch the fibers like I've been doing for the last four years.

I just need a jump-start!

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Anonymous Mrs. Fish! said...

Hang in there Mr. Po!

You know you can do it! I certainly know you can...
This too shall pass... Just believe in yourself, and the work. After all, you are the "MAN OF PO!!!!"
LOL!

Miss ya.
Mrs. Fish! :)

PS: Having trouble with your mail...Keeps getting kicked back...HELP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home