Friday, December 5, 2008

Marking the 10th Anniversary of my career in the industry!

I wanted to post this a few days ago, but during my trip back east for Thanksgiving I was hip deep in boxes, trying to package the remains of my apartment in Latham for shipment to LA. Plus I was without the internet the entire time! Oh, the horror!!!

This past Sunday, November 30, marked the 10th Anniversary of my first day on the job at Edgewood Studios in Vermont. I'd always considered myself extremely lucky because I began there as a full feature film editor. Not as an assistant toiling away for years before my big break. Over the course of the next year and a half with Edgewood I would cut four movies: "Icebreaker", "Peril", "Radical Jack", and "The Newcomers". But it was that first day and first week where I realized that I was finally on my way. And even though the pay was low ($400 a day!) and the hours were really long, I immediately recognized this as my boot camp of the film industry.

Now, 10 years later, I'm here in Los Angeles working on top studio projects and have just broken into a budding top trailer house, Happy Hour Creative, where I just may be working as a staff editor in the next few months. Amazing.

On Saturday night, Rebecca and I will be heading to The Palm Restaurant in West Hollywood to celebrate this milestone. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years! But thinking about everything I've achieved and accomplished, I see how long the road has actually been.

...and the ride continues.

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

Congratulations my friend!
I raise a glass to ten (at least) more years of success for you.
CHEERS!!

 
At December 7, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FORREST J ACKERMAN-1916-2008. Give a call when you can...Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home