Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back to work at New Wave Entertainment...finally!!!

After a delay of a week and a half due to studio issues, I am finally back at New Wave Entertainment and beginning work on the DVD for the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Twentieth Century Fox has been a little skitterish about releasing sensitive materials for this. During my first meeting with Chris, one of the producers on the project and a new friend (I sold him my extra opening weekend "Dark Knight" tickets and we subsequently hung out at Comic-Con), I was informed that the secrecy surrounding this movie was extremely tight. Meaning I can't even talk about the film out in the hallways, much less in public. I have to keep the door to my edit bay closed while working and when I go to lunch I have to make sure there are no images from the new movie on my computer screen. Out of respect for those guidelines, I of course won't be even remotely hinting at any of the content passing in front of me! The lock-down on this here at New Wave almost equals the security measures put in place when they were cutting supplemental content for "The Dark Knight" DVD.

The great thing is I am now booked on this project through Friday, December 12. And there's certainly a possibility that this may go into the following week right before Christmas. So basically I'll be covered financially through the holidays and into the first part of January. At that point we'll see what happens with Happy Hour. However until anything solid happens with them staff position wise, I will be giving my reel a major branding overhaul with a new look and new content. That will be ready to roll out to the 34(!) post houses I now contact every few months.

I've realized over the past couple of months that I can't just sit and think 'O.K., Happy Hour will be offering me that permanent position soon'. No! I have to keep pushing everything, everywhere! That includes joining the editors union so I can work for the major studios in-house. They require that you be a member of the editor's union and I recently learned that I won't have to put any money down to join! Thank God! Because the initial entrance fee is $3,000!!! I've been informed by the union that you don't have to drop that much change until AFTER you've begun a studio job. And then you have 30 days to comply! Nice-ah!

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home