Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Hour Creative: 3rd and 4th weeks

Things continue to be great at Happy Hour last week and now this, my fourth week.

I had the opportunity to cut a few extra trailer spots for the DVD release of "The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian". Plus notes have been coming in from the studio, so in between I was making those changes. Yesterday and today I worked on a teaser for a new Wii game.

The big news is this: the head of the company spoke with me last week about further work after I return from Comic-Con, which he knows I'm attending. Right now they're looking to keep me busy through the rest of the summer which makes me very happy. But there was also mention of a long-term position with the company. He told me there had been some talk about how much they like me, love my work, and want to keep me around.

This is awesome news! And even though nothing is set in stone until they officially make me an offer and my name goes down on the dotted line, I'm feeling pretty positive about what seems likely to happen in the not too distant future.

But with the mentality that anything can happen in this business, I continue to push forward with my career. There was a listing on media-match.com yesterday for a feature film trailer editor at a post house I've never heard of before in Burbank called Bang Zoom! Entertainment. So last night and this morning I got my updated resume (with Happy Hour credits) and reel packaged up and in the mail by lunchtime.

Ultimately I feel that I'm in a perfect place of opportunity right now. Here I am at a fledgling trailer house, with editors and staff who migrated from Trailer Park, and I'm being recognized as 'a talent not given the proper chance yet'. This is what the head of Happy Hour told me last week, BTW. With the caliber of clients these guys continue to harness, the potential for me here, coming in on the ground floor at just the right time, can be limitless. And exactly what I ultimately hoped for: a staff position at a trailer house that works on top studio trailers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home