Thursday, July 24, 2008

Comic-Con Preview Night photo of the day

Here's Wednesday night's photo of the day. The Iron Monger from "Iron Man".

This full-sized iron giant stood tall at the Marvel booth. Preview night at Comic-Con 2008 was pretty insane. With a crowd equaling what one might experience during a Saturday afternoon, it was really hard just to get through the dense concentration of fanboys, especially around the mid exhibit hall area. Special one night only freebees were being tossed out to everyone and there was a stampede for a certain oversized, over-the-shoulder Wonder Woman carry bag they were giving out at the Warner Bros. booth. Luckily I managed to snag one because I followed a guy pushing a cart full of them towards the waiting masses. They in turn descended to scarf all of them up in five minutes. That would have been a nightmare for anyone with claustrophobia. I just took it in stride, being the four year veteran I am now. Bill's head exploded with amazement after just a half hour. Can't wait for him to check out more of the exhibit hall tomorrow.

Thursday is Day One, full-on. Going to bed now to get some sleep for what I'm sure will be another wall-to-wall people day. If this is what it's like now, I can't even imagine what Saturday will become. Again, stay tuned!

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

GO BOYS!!!
Sorry I missed your call last night. Between baby and dog we're not getting much sleep.
YAY for Bill's head exploding, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. LOL
Lisa and I will check in often for photos and updates.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home