Monday, June 30, 2008

First week at Happy Hour Creative

Finished my first week with the trailer house Happy Hour Creative working on three 30 second spots promoting the release of "The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian" on DVD this Christmas.

All in all it was a pretty fantastic five days. Two of the spots I cut from scratch, while a third was another editor's version they wanted me to take apart and put my spin on. He's on vacation this week. They were really happy with each of these and had only one or two very minor notes. Plus I've definitely begun fitting in very well here...even just after the first few days! The other editors and staff have been very friendly and welcoming. To sum up: they like me, they love my work, and want to keep me around. So here I am starting week number two, mostly because the "Narnia" spots just went out today for approval and I'm sitting here waiting for notes to come back from Disney.

Chris, the head of the company and the one who brought me in, mentioned about a month ago (when he first saw my reel and resume) that he'd also be looking to expand the company and go from four staff editors to 10 or 12. Chris splintered
off from Trailer Park, the high-end trailer house I've been trying to get into for 5 years, to create his own shop. In the process he took several editors with him, so I'm surrounded by some of the cream of the crop.

It's a very cool atmosphere being around these guys, and I'm feeling pretty confident that when they do expand, I'll be one of the first editors they call to offer a staff position to. And that makes me incredibly happy. I've always felt that if I landed a staff position at a trailer house, things would be perfect. Now it could really happen.

Of course all of this depends on their ability to grow, which can be tricky for anyone. Even if you do have the high-end experience and connections the people at Happy Hour do. Still, I'm feeling pretty confident of continued work with these guys when the need arises.

It's a golden time!

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

SWEET!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home