Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Risky Business" 25th Anniversary DVD at New Wave

Finished up working on two featurettes for the "Wanted" DVD at New Wave Entertainment last week. Was told they wouldn't need me this week but that I might be getting a last minute call on Monday if things changed. They did!

Tuesday morning I headed back to NWE to work on a half hour featurette for the 25th Anniversary DVD of "Risky Business". I was originally told they'd only need me for two to three days. I was to make a major list of changes to an already existing and recently cut piece. And because Tom Cruise is of course the star of the movie, guess who had to watchdog what was included and how it was portrayed with a fine tooth comb? For the last three days I've been working every day with one of Tom Cruise' personal assistants to whip this thing into shape. Cruise required more precise interview bites of him to be included. As well as a more accurate take on the story of casting, working with the director, and in general his involvement in the making of the film. As of Wednesday I was informed they'd need me for the entire week. Yay!

But that's not all.

Yesterday I was introduced to Paul Brinkman, the director of "Risky Business" as well as the film's producer, Jon Avnet. Avnet also recently directed "88 Minutes" starring Al Pacino. This was a great moment for me, meeting them, and added weight to this project I am basically helping to turn around. They were in the edit bay to see what I'd cut the previous two days. Tom Cruise is also going to get a copy of this for approval after tomorrow, Friday.

It's been really fun working on this 80's icon of a movie. A couple of late nights I might have been complaining about if I was working on truTV were a breeze here because of the coolness of the content. They may need me to continue polishing this into next week but I won't know that either until tomorrow.

In the meantime I've been in touch with the trailer house Happy Hour Creative about getting started on my first project for them. Looks like I'll probably be cutting some trailer-like spots for "The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian". Very cool! That wont be starting until late next week or possibly not until the following Monday. At any rate, it definitely looks like I'll be working at one place or another over the course of the next two weeks or more. I'm feeling great this week because I'm right in between two great post houses working on high-end studio projects. This is a sweet time!

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Well if you get to meet Katie Holmes, THEN I'll hate you!
Very cool to work with those OTHER guys though. LOL

 
At June 14, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Bill. How's it goin? Just called to let you know that composer Alexander Courage has died @ the age of 88. Courage, who had been in poor health for quite a while, died May 15'th. As you know, he composed the original theme for the "Star Trek" tv series, as well as adapting John Williams' original score for use in "Superman 4: The Quest For Peace". sorry to call on such a down note, but don't worry....I'M GOING TO COMIC-CON!!!! Give a call when you can...Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home