Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Indiana Jones" in one week!

And here we are down to the final week before the premiere of "Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull".

There's been a few supposed reviews from a couple of so-called 'studio executives' somehow connected with aintitcoolnews.com who've stated the new movie is far from good. It's hard to make out whether these are legitimate, since the parties involved don't want to be named for fear of backlash from the studio.

Despite all of this, these reviews could be coming from a couple of fanboys between 17 and 25. You know, the kind that apparently don't have a pre-"Star Wars" prequels, pre-"Lord Of The Rings" appreciation for the type of look and feel Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas are trying to achieve. Something older fans of the original three films would absolutely get.

A few observations have been made that 'there's nothing new brought to the franchise...it plays quite a bit on the nostalgia of the earlier movies'. So is that really such a bad thing? No. Hey, I'm not looking for "Crystal Skull" to top anything that's come before it. If while watching this movie I feel like I did when I first saw "Raiders Of The Lost Ark", etc., then Spielberg and company have done their job extremely well in my opinion. And if there's more beyond that, fantastic! Icing on the cake. Which is why I know I'm gonna love it.

Example: Spielberg and his longtime cinematographer Janus Kaminski sat down and carefully watched all three original Indiana Jones movies, looking to capture and faithfully recreate Douglas Slocombe's style. He was the cinematographer who photographed all three of the previous films. This is just one of the many touches I know will bring added enjoyment to the new movie.

BTW, it's "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK"! Not "INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK"! Lucas, knock it the fuck off!!!

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

So Ryan and I watched "Raiders" today. First time he had seen it. What a great movie!!! I was taken back to the first time I saw it and how amazed and thrilled I was. I was about his age when it was in theaters, damn, I'm old!
CANNOT WAIT FOR "Crystal Skull"... if there's an early showing I'll call you again.

 
At May 18, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four days and closing! Whoo-hooo! I'm kinda shying away from most trailers& tv spots, as I want the whole opening day show to be totally fresh. By the way, Crossgates is having its special midnight preview the night before! OF COURSE I HAVE TO BE AT FUCKING WORK!!! But I WILL be there for opening day, first show! Relatedly, I've got my vacation request submitted. Now all we have to do is wait. PS: Sorry about the "phone tag" the last few days. Give a call when you can. Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home