Tuesday, April 22, 2008

YES!!!: "Indiana Jones" at The Arclight!

They just announced today that "Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" will indeed be premiering at The Arclight and I couldn't be happier! For those of you outside the area, this means reserved seating and no waiting in horrific lines that, at a regular theater, could have started a month or more in advance. It's all part of my love / hate relationship with today's fans. I LOVE their passion, commitment, and endurance waiting to see their favorite blockbuster films on opening day. But I HATE when I have to fight them to get MY favorite seat or row. Yes, sometimes it's all about me.

Now all of that is moot.

I knew when tickets for "Iron Man" were going to go on sale at The Arclight and bought them moments after they went up online...DONE. Now I can do the same for Indy. Two down, one to go. If "The Dark Knight" opens at The Arclight, my summer will be complete.

On the flip side I just saw one of the TV ads for "Speed Racer" tonight and almost felt like I wanted to throw up! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!!! Crazy, goofy, action and backgrounds, Spritle and Chim-Chim spinning around in some little car in front of a really bad green screen, race cars doing things they shouldn't even think about doing (even for the original anime show)....STOP IT!!! I am NOT going to see this opening night and will take a lot of word of mouth and critical reviews into account before I think about going to see it in the theater. This just feels like an overly tricked out rape of the original...I'm sorry.

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Dude, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home