Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wrapped at New Wave...for now

Last week I completed that project with New Wave Entertainment. It was a featurette about the history the "The Mummy" (from Boris Karloff to Brendan Fraser) for the new two movie set for "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". This is in conjunction with the third film being released this summer.

I still have that sense of 'wow, I'm here' while working at New Wave. Probably because it is one of the very top DVD, print design, and trailer post houses in the industry. Basically all of their clients bring top movie projects. Example: Cannery Agency works on projects like "Van Wilder 2: The Rise Of Taj" and "Bratz: The Movie". New Wave undertake movies like "The Departed", "Batman Begins", The Harry Potter films...do I need to go on?

I diI did my song and dance once more about wanting a staff position there. Although I knew things had just shifted a bit in the company with some layoffs a few months before. Sam, the post production coordinator, did say things were going to get pretty busy in April and May and I'd more than likely be back in a few weeks. Woohoo! I love the sound of that! Plus if they have enough work for me through those two months they might just keep me around going into the summer. May is always when things pick up in the industry and has me working straight through until at least October, sometimes November.

The New Wave gig lasted only 5 days but was enough to keep me going, as those paychecks finally start rolling in now. I was off all last week, but the phone did ring today from The Cannery. They have another gig for me working on a DVD featurette for the TV series, "Gossip Girls". Not really my thing, but its money, and something that could nicely hold me over until New Wave comes back with more work. However I did get in touch with them first today to make sure they weren't about to call me for anything next week. Obviously I'd rather be over there cutting a major studio film project. Waiting on word back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home