Monday, March 10, 2008

New movie links

To your right you'll find a couple of my new favorite movie site links, as well as the obvious industry trades.

Firstshowing.net has trailers, release schedules, high-rez 1-sheet art, and movie news that oft times highlights stories the others don't give enough attention to. movietrailerland.com pretty much says it all, focusing full force on current and upcoming trailers.

I really enjoy the trades, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety, not only for the breadth of information they provide, but the 'non-fluff' entertainment news I prefer. Considering the fact that I pretty much dispise most of the so-called 'Hollywood news' shows and Entertainment Weekly these days. So pardon me while I tangent for a moment...

Shows like E! News and the like have degraded into 'the gossip show'. What the stars are wearing when they go on vacation, who they're dating and dumping, how they get caught doing stupid stuff, blah, blah, blah! This is what I mean by 'fluff'. Sure, a lot of fans out there drink that shit up like there's no tomorrow. They can do that all they want...without me. Entertainment Weekly on the other hand has been really pretentious in recent years. They praise entertainment icons as their favorites and then rip them to shreds. Especially classic movies, tv shows, and music that we all love. 'Wasn't that band from the 80's the best?! Incredible sound that will live forever........despite the cheesy lyrics and cheap-o video idea concocted by the band..."

HEEEEEEEEEYYY???!!!

I found myself saying that word quite loudly while reading pretty much every issue more and more. Maybe those so-called cheesy lyrics and cheap-o video were also pretty iconic to me and a lot of other people, MR. ASS! After years of subscribing to ET I finally said "no thanks, bye-bye!".

So getting back on point...I love the trades.

Also added a link to the official "Iron Man" movie site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home