Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Dentmobile

The Dark Knight's latest viral marketing tool, "Harvey Dent for DA", has been campaigning across the country for the last week or so and unfortunately I missed the LA date by two days.

The Dentmobile is in the process of traveling to 35 cities across the US and I thought it'd be cool to check it out. But when I saw this article on firstshowing.net I immediately turned to the official site, ibelieveinharveydent.com, to check the schedule. The LA stop was last Saturday. D'OH! They do have video from the 'rallies' in several cities including LA, New York, and Philadelphia.

I really love the unique and innovative lengths Warner Bros. is going to to market the movie. Viral campaigns have really taken hold since "Cloverfield" picked up the ball and ran with it last summer. Although it's roots in film marketing go back to "The Blair Witch Project", it's use through "The Dark Knight" will certainly be considered ground breaking and industry changing. This is the one movie this summer I know, right now without any reservation, is going to be great.

In the meantime, SHOW HARVEY YOUR SUPPORT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home