Thursday, January 17, 2008

Giant car bumper attacks my MINI! F#@%&$K!!!!!

I was driving on The 101 near Van Nuys on Monday (the same day as the Britney sighting) when suddenly I saw this car bumper heading straight for me!

Unforutately I had little time to react because it flew out from under the car in front of me only 2 and a half car lengths away. I tried desperately to swirve in the left lane while trying to slow down. No time to even look in the rear view or side mirror to see if the way was clear. Just enough time to clear the left tires from running over it. However the right two did hit it and with a vile THUMP-THUMP! I screamed!

Immediately I noticed that she was stearing to the right, indicating that it had gone flat. Thank God I have those run flat tires on the MINI. In an accident like this they re-inflat within a few seconds and are good for at least 50 miles. I got off the freeway to inspect the damage. Yup, the back tire had blown. But the rim had also been damaged as was the lower black plastic side panel just below the door. Luckily none of the body had been touched...Jeez! That was a relief!

Took her back to the dealership yesterday for a full inspection and to repair the damaged parts. They'll do a full alignment and look for any other under carriage issues that might have been caused. Should be good as new by tomorrow. Right now it seems like those very replaceable parts took the brunt of the damage. Major Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home