Thursday, December 13, 2007

Work into next week?! Uuuuhhh...

After fine tuning the two projects I've been working on this week at Precision for truTV and TNT's "The Closer", it seems very likely that there may be a need for me next week.

truTV sent more footage plus a new show to include in this piece. So of course all of that had to be gone through and cut. Neither of these pieces have been shown to the client yet and we haven't even started on the promo for "Saving Grace" which was also suppose to happen by week's end. Changes are inevitable from both and I let Scott (the producer I'm working with) know that if I needed to change my free round trip plane tickets from Saturday to later in the week, it would cost me around $370. An amount I can't really come up with at the moment due to the recent shortage in work.

He actually offered to pay for my plane ticket to keep me on the project. Of course there may be another editor at Precision who can take up the slack next week. However the word I get from them is that he may not be available. At any rate, I can really use the work right now. Yet I won't know anything solid until Scott and I have a phone conversation about this tomorrow. He's at home in North Carolina now and has been directing the project from there, watching cuts we've been posting to his client website. He use to live in LA but directs his company from there, taking occasional trips to the West Coast for specific projects. His brother David lives here and I mostly worked with him throughout the fall on the truTV project.

So we'll see what tomorrow brings and whether I head back to Albany on Saturday or perhaps several days into next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home