Thursday, December 13, 2007

MINI in the shop

My MINI is at the dealership once again. I say that because last week I'd brought her in to have a coolant leak checked out. The temperature gauge went yellow and then red while I was driving to the "Saturday Night Fever" screening. Luckily I was almost there at that point and could replenish the coolant after the show right down the street. Got an appointment two days later to have her looked at. They found the problem to be a burned out sensor and replaced it. A couple of days later I came out of a store and noticed a pool of coolant under the car. Clearly they hadn't fixed the right thing.

So this Wednesday I brought her in to Bob Smith again. Now well into the second day, I called the service guy for an update. He told me they have to replace the radiator. Wow. It was ordered today to arrive overnight for installation. Told him I was leaving on Saturday for the Holidays and he said it would be done tomorrow. Talk about the 11th hour before my exodus to Albany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home