Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Close Encounters Of The Third Kind": The 30th Anniversary

God has it really been 30 years! Stop the clock, somebody! Just picked up the new DVD boxed set that includes all three versions of the film; original theatrical, special edition, and current director's cut that was released in 2000.

Here is the original 1977 trailer for the film. Notice how it plays more like a behind the scenes promotional piece, keeping the story and imagery of the movie somewhat enigmatic and mysterious, focusing instead on the people who brought the project together.



Inspired by this anniverary, I'm putting Devil's Tower on my list of movie sites I want to visit in 2008. I always knew that someday I would get there and next Spring / Summer seems a good a time as any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home