Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Call from a MAJOR trailer house!

Received a call yesterday from Craig Murray Productions, a top studio trailer house! They wanted to know what my availability was and if I was working permanently anywhere. Thinking they were hoping to get me in the door for a project very soon, I told them I'd be finishing up my current project by end of week and would be free after that.

Turns out one of their staff editors is leaving the company to move to Australia. So they're now looking to fill that position and had my reel and resume from my May mailing in front of them! Holy Shit!!! She asked if I could send them an updated copy of my reel and resume which I hurridly polished off last night and hand delivered today. I was up until 2am to finalize the DVD after a day from hell which I'll explain in the next post. I am told it will be given to one of the post supervisors for review and then I'd get a call from them.

I'd sent continuous updated reels and resumes to Craig Murray for more than 5 years. However due to the fact that two years ago they responded by saying my experience was not quite up to their standards, I didn't forward one to them last year. Just waiting to get some real trailers to impress more with. Up until now I knew they'd been a major studio trailer house. However since I've been out of touch a few things have changed.

Another trailer house I've been trying to get into since 2002 is mOcean. As a matter of fact they were one of the initial referrals my friend and producer Elisabeth in NYC pointed me towards. I've interviewed with them twice so far but getting in the actual door has been elusive. Now it turns out that Craig Murray and mOcean have joined forces and both companies are under the CMP roof. Very cool! Also...Craig Murray has branched out into the home entertainment market. They now produce top studio DVD special features...which led to why I was contacted in the first place. The major difference however between May and now is I have two more trailers I cut at KO Creative on the reel; "The Wizard of Gore" and "Provoked". This boosts my trailer experience and will certainly get more attention when they have a look.

If hired I would be working in the Burbank office of Craig Murray which primarily handles the home entertainment department. Working on DVD stuff for CMP would be fantastic! Plus the ratio of DVD to trailer work is more evenly matched than at New Wave Entertainment, who have paired back their trailer production during the past couple of years. Certainly I'd still love to get back into New Wave, but CMP is definitely more of a one stop shopping post house for what I ultimately want to do with my career.

Two trailer houses I've been trying to get into for five years and now they're interested in bringing me on full time right out of the gate! No extended permalance first. Of course this does not mean I have the job...since I'm sure they've contacted other available editors. Check out the link to their websites because there is a lot of very cool stuff to check out! There is a direct link to mOcean from the Craig Murray site as well.

This will be a major career move if it happens so ALL FINGERS ARE NOW CROSSED AND MAJOR PRAYERS ARE BEING SAID! The time is right...let's do this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home