Wednesday, September 19, 2007

AFI 40 Event: SOLD OUT!

AFI's 40th Anniversary event at The Arclight I was hoping to attend sold out very quickly, as tickets went on sale last night at midnight. Of course I wanted to see the original "Star Wars" introduced by George Lucas. But it became apparent that my attempts to get in and buy seats would be in vain. This morning everything was gone.

Certainly a lot of the AFI members had first dibs which is probably why all screenings went so quickly. I did everything in my power so I'm not too bummed about it. Disappointed, yes. Since there has been several AFI sponsored film series I've wanted to see over the past year and a half, it would be wise for me to finally join and get all those great benefits they list on the official site! I'll be doing that shortly.

Thanks go to Crystal as well as Allen for alerting me to this event. Thank you, girl and guy (as opposed to 'guys')!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home