Saturday, August 4, 2007

More MINI Pimpage

During my continued quest to add more British accessories to my MINI I noticed someone on the road this morning with a blue MINI that had a grille badge. I'd casually looked into this before and was toying with the idea. Seeing one on a real MINI started the wheels turning a bit more loud.



I'd also diddled with the concept of putting exterior fog lamps on the front grille. But the problem with that is I'd only be covering then up with Union Jack lamp covers and not turning the actual lights on...ever. These would be for show, not use. More research found that the wiring installation is more extensive than I'd like. Plus you have to drill a few holes behind the grille to accomodate everything. Yuck!

Ultimately (at this point anyway) I'm leaning more in the direction of the grille badges because there is such a wide selection online and, because they're magnetic, you can switch them out for something different whenever you want! If you're still curious at this point in my automotive self admiration, click on the image above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home