Friday, April 6, 2007

Trailer Cutting At KO Creative

Got a call from KO Creative last week asking my availability for the next 2 weeks. I've been wrapping up working on the DVD for "Are We Done Yet?" at The Cannery which is now in the approval stage. 2 pods went out to the studio already and were approved without any changes...nice one. Now they just need to go before Ice Cube for final. The last pod, which is a kid's Q&A about the movie, is going out the door today.

My next project at The Cannery will be a 30 minute retrospective of "Aquaman" for a special edition DVD centering around the Filmation animated series of the 60's. However the piece I'll be working on will cover the entire history of the character; from comics, animation, as well as his appearances on "Smallville" and the never aired pilot for a proposed WB series (exclusively available on iTunes now). The "You've Got Mail" DVD Deluxe Edition has apparently been moved back a couple of weks which is why I have this window.

So next week and possibly the week after I'll be cutting a movie trailer at KO. Not sure exactly what film it will be for but it has to deliver to the Cannes Film Festival. This was basically the same drill as when I was there last year. At that time I cut 2 trailers for Cannes: "Venus and Vegas" and "Provoked".

This is great that I'm getting back into a bonafided trailer house again. Plus my contact at KO said there may be more work when this initial project is done...bonus! I'm also nearing the end of updating my DVD reel and resume to get out to all the trailer and general film post houses. Will definitely be stepping up the frequency of contacting each of these places as we move more into the year. Must continue this push, even when I'm working steadily at places like The Cannery.

There has also been steady talk of The Cannery offering me a staff position. This is certainly a great place to work with a good workflow of studio film projects. However I know for a fact they would not be paying even half of what I make now as a freelancer. I certainly want to stick around here on a regular basis. But as we all know I have my sights set on a wider playing field. So staying fluid has been and still is my best option. The Cannery has said that if they couldn't match what I wanted salary wise, they certainly would want to keep me on in a freelance capacity as the schedule is quite full for the foreseeable future. They really like my work and don't want to lose me either way. Good to know and much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home