Monday, April 2, 2007

Editors Live In Caves


Excuse me, how did I miss this?! Friday I was working, as I have been for the last number of months, at The Cannery in Burbank. No one said anything as I went about my day cutting the supplement for the "Are We Done Yet?" DVD. Day ends, I pack my bag, and head out the door. Briefly I see a chopper hovering over the Warner Bros. lot. Must be police or they're shooting something.

I get a call from my Mom asking where I was when the giant Hollywood Hills fire was happening. What?


Then I went online to find all of these horrific photos of something that looked the size and scope of the Twin Towers coming down on 9-11, a mere 12 blocks from work. It was only today that I was told a number of people had been huddled around the TV monitor Friday afternoon in one of the meeting rooms taking it all in. Meanwhile I remained totally oblivious that day as I continued cutting in my bay on the 2nd floor.

Amazing. I missed the whole thing and yet could have taken a few steps out the front door and been totally overwhelmed by the sight. Two teens from Illinois playing with a lighter. Wow.

After working late tonight I passed Warner Bros. and could see the acres of scorched earth beyond it. So yes, editors do live in caves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home