Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NOOO! It's Going To Suck!!

A remake of John Carpenter's "Escape From New York" (one of my favorite films of all time) has been announced starring Gerard Butler. You know...the guy who can't keep his mouth closed on all the billboards, bus stop signs, banners, and poster art for "300". 'CLOSE YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!', I say every time I see his face.

This remake is a bad, bad, bad idea! NO ONE can ever replace Kurt Russell in the role of Snake Plissken. Hands Down! And I'm sure just about everybody feels the way I do. Even Yoda says, 'suck, it will!'. You can read the Variety! article here.

Of course this does mean a new special edition DVD of the original will be released. But I have the special edition that came out a couple of years ago and it's great. If they can top it fine but I doubt they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home