Friday, March 9, 2007

The Next 2 Projects

Just found out Wednesday what the next two DVD projects I'll be working on. First up on Monday I'll begin "Are We Done Yet?", the comedy starring Ice Cube, which has a fairly quick turnaround time of 3 weeks. After that I'll be working on a deluxe edition DVD for the Tom Hanks / Meg Ryan romantic comedy, "You've Got Mail". This of course is all at The Cannery.

These should take me through June. I'm sure after that they'll have more for me to do. However come July I'll be working on the Hollywood Bowl project once again. I had to miss that last year because of a conflicting project (the damn Astaire / Rogers thing at Sparkhill that almost broke me), but am really looking forward to jumping back into it again in a few months. Received an e-mail from the head of Autonomy a few weeks back saying he was selling off all of the equipment and facilities to pursue a different creative direction. Basically they're going out of business because when he fired a bunch of people and moved to a new location, those people took most of his clients with them. The last time I was there this guy was cutting projects himself. Now...Laura (the producer of the Bowl project) is looking for a new home to bring the project to. She's taken it to Autonomy for the last 8 or 9 years. When she asked for my thoughts I immediately suggested The Cannery. The folks here are very interested in bringing such a prestigious client as The Hollywood Bowl in, so now it's up to Laura to decide if this is right for her. Said she'd call me next week...so we'll see. Wherever the project goes I'll definitely be along for the ride.

This has probably been the most fruitful year open I've ever had in LA. For the last few years January and February have always been very touch and go. Maybe by March something would happen. I've been working straight through from last May, broke for Christmas, then picked right up when I returned January 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home