Friday, March 30, 2007

John Hughes Music Video

This past fall I began cutting a music video in tribute to all the primary John Hughes teen movies from the 80's; "Sixteen Candles", "The Breakfast Club", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Pretty In Pink", and "Some Kind Of Wonderful". Not a work related studio project, just an at home 'for-the-love-of-it' cut on my laptop. Being a huge John Hughes fan, I wanted it to be something special, something with heart. The go-to track had to be "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds, since that pretty much encompassed the soul of the film series. Plus it had to cut to the beats (a staple of my work) and lyrics of the song.

This was to be my first YouTube targeted project. I'd already posted an original "Blade Runner" trailer I cut for my friend Maria's birthday in Boston, but that was done in 1998. Right before Christmas I put the Hughes video aside, picking it back up about a month ago.

Last night I posted the finished piece entitled, "Through The Eyes Of John Hughes" on YouTube. Check it out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home