Wednesday, March 7, 2007

2007: A New Year For New Toys, New Opportunities, & The 30th Anniversary Of "Star Wars"

Yes, True Believers, I have returned!

So much to do and say...but I won't do it all right now. There's projects to comment on, photos to post, and general ranting that could fill a Harvard Law students term paper.

On your right you'll see what will be my new car...a 2007 Mini Cooper! Click on the photo to see a larger view. With all the extras and accessories, this is exactly what my British sportster will look like. I've wanted one of these since the American verison came out in 2000. And when I saw "The Italian Job" in '03 I said to myself, 'Yeah, now I definitely need this car!'.

There are also 2 links to some of my most recently released projects. I've been working at The Cannery pretty steadily since last November. First up I cut the entire DVD supplement for "Van Wilder 2: The Rise Of Taj". That was basically two 5-7 minute pods spotlighting the actors and sets. The release date for this, the 'unrated version', is March 27. After the holidays I immediately swung into cutting two pieces to promote the theatrical release of "Hannibal Rising", one of which premiered on FX. The other, more important one is now on the official movie website; a 5 minute behind the scenes sneak peek. Nice. Then in February I cut the entire DVD supplement for "Happily N'Ever After". That was a pretty big project; 6 pods of the actors, director, writer, and production designer talking about characters and the film's approach. Plus pods on early character design, sketches. and storyboards.

At the moment I'm briefly working on two teasers for a web only reality series about bass fisherman. I know, I can't wait for it to be over, trust me. Luckily that's just this week. As of today I know what two projects I'll be working on next. Monday I begin work on the DVD for "Are We Done Yet?". A very tight turnaround on this one I'm told. Then I'll move on to the deluxe edition DVD of the Tom Hanks / Meg Ryan movie, "You've Got Mail"; four 20 minute pods that will cover a lot more ground tha I would ever have imagined with this film, but hey that's O.K. I'm actually looking forward to this one. So basically right now I'm set with work through the end of May / beginning of June.

"Star Wars" turns 30 this year (May 25th to be exact) and Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles will be THE event of events in a little over 2 months from now. Oh. My. God. Bring it on!

Of course at the moment, dead center in my sights and certainly not getting away from me this time is The Car. Can. Not. Wait.

It's good to be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home