Thursday, June 8, 2006

Celebration IV And "Superman Returns" Anticipation

It's Official!! There will IN FACT be a Star Wars Celebration IV in May 2007 for the 30th Anniversary of the original "Star Wars". AND it will be held right here in Los Angeles!!! So I don't have to travel anywhere but my own back yard! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Soundtrack.net has posted a 'First Listen' of the upcoming "Superman Returns" soundtrack; samples of every track from the score. Breathtaking stuff with some wonderful inclusions of several themes from the Christopher Reeve movies. I'll be ready to click 'buy' on iTunes Music Store the minute it hits the street (or should I say The Web).

Work continues to be intensive at Sparkhill. Finished up the rough cuts of all the pieces I'm doing for the "24" Season 5 DVD. Right now I cutting a featurette on Walt Disney for one of the Disney Treasures DVD as well as another focusing on animating the character of Pluto.

The Cannery called again today to check on my availability after I get done with my current project. Unfortunately I'll have to continue turning them down due to my current and higher priority obligations.

I now have tickets to see "Superman Returns" at Mann's Chinese Theatre the night before the official opening. Normally you'd see a midnight show scheduled but Warner Bros. has decided to allow the film a 10pm slot on June 27th.

I'll also be checking out "Cars" this coming weekend at The El Capitan, Disney's premiere Hollywood theatre, right across the street.

The midnight showing of "X-Men: The Last Stand" last week was phenomenal!! Fantastic fan audience. As I entered the auditorium I could feel the party atmosphere. But the great thing was once the lights dimmed the crowd hushed right up in total respect of what we were about to see. Then a new trailer for "Superman Returns" came on and everyone screamed. This is what I love; an audience brimming with enthusiasm, emotionally flowing through every high and low of the movie. I wish I could've bottled it to take home. I'm anticipating the same affect in two and a half weeks during "Superman Returns" even more so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home