Wednesday, May 10, 2006

But Wait There's More! A 2nd Trailer At KO!

As the first cut of "Venus And Vegas" was nearing completion at KO Creative, Ronda said they had another trailer for me to work on! Woohoo!! This is a Bollywood film entitled "Provoked" and stars Aishwarya Rai ("Bride & Prejudice"), Miranda Richardson, and Naveen Andrews ("Lost"). Needless to say I'm thrilled to be working on my second job for KO! On the film's website they have an area where you can view two trailers. Both of these say 'coming soon' which means what I'm cutting will more than likely appear there sometime soon. And to top it all off they have a 3rd project for me to do some fine tuning on. A preview for "The Horror Chronicles", an independent anthology of films.

I am SO on a roll! Let's hope and pray that this continues. Being that these three projects are for the Cannes Film Festival, they all have a deadline of this Friday, May 12. Today the writer and producer of "Venus And Vegas", Eddie Guerra, came by to add some comments to a short list of changes he wanted to make. His credits include a couple of teleplays for "CSI: Miami". Had a great session with he and Tim who is the head of KO. Really felt like I showed my client rapport side which is also very important. He loved the trailer and I did some on-the-spot changes quick and easy that went over very, very well. An hour later after he left, Tim came by one more time to say I did a great job. 'Thank you God for this amazing day', I say to myself as I buckle in for the drive home.

There has also been a number of job openings lately on Media-Match.com, a really fantastic and useful job site that allows you to post your resume for prespective hiring post house to view, either through contacting them or on their own. One such listings was for a DVD content editor just posted this morning by Sparkhill, a marketing post house that has produced some DVD heavy hitters; "Fantastic Four", "The Day After Tomorrow", The "Alien" Quadrilogy, "School of Rock", "King Kong (1933)", "The Passion of the Christ", "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", "Daredevil", "24", and the upcoming release of Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center"...just to name a few.

So guess what?!!! I received an e-mail from them this afternoon saying they liked my resume and want me to call tomorrow about cutting a few making-of pods for the "24": Season 5 DVD. Color me in! This now opens another door that working at Precision Post started by my editing the "Corpse Bride", "The Island", and "The Ring Two" DVD supplements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home