Friday, June 17, 2005

My First LA Earthquake

Had a sample of my first earthquake yesterday when a mild tremor moved through Precision Post. A number of miles east of LA there was a 5.2 that sent waves all the way to San Diego. As opposed to the feeling when a large truck or freight train passes by, this was more of a rolling sensation...very slight but still there. I heard several of the other editors ask one another if they just felt something.

Another week of working on the making-of featurettes for "The Island". As where three "Ring Two" pods were broken up between several editors, I am basically overseeing and cutting all the pods for this project. Have to work over the weekend (tomorrow and Sunday) because DreamWorks and Warner Bros. want to see a first cut by Tuesday morning. In part they asked about my availability to put in some overtime but I also want all of these to be as polished as possible for the first studio viewing. So I plan on cramming over the weekend to accomplish this. Two of the pods I've finished were posted to the client website tonight so the producer whose handling this project can look at them before the studio does. He just called about an hour ago to say he thought they were really good.

Saw a familiar face at Precision the other day; an assitant editor who used to do work for Ipostini. I haven't worked there in a little under a year but was imformed the company was disbanded. Apparently Showtime, a major and very primary client for them, decided for financial reasons to take their business elsewhere. Tim, the president of Ipostini who I'd worked for, has now created another company a few miles away that does DVD marketing and replication with no editorial work however. So in leiu of this the Ipostini link is being retired from the sidebar.

Tomorrow night I'll be heading to Mann's Chinese Theatre to see "Batman Begins" which I am very happy to hear is getting great reviews. Probably better that I've waited for the weekend because now all the 'wait-and-see' fans will probably be heading out to catch it as well. On a side note I keep wanting to check out "Cinderella Man" but have not been in the mood yet. Of course I always go to see Ron Howard's films. However it seemed strange from the get go that they released the movie at the beginning of the busy summer blockbuster season. I think the chances of Opie and Russell Crowe taking any cash away from The Sith, Batman, or aliens invading Earth next week were pretty slim if not impossible. Just read an article that echoed this, finding box office take to be quite a bit low. They're hoping to recoup when the DVD premieres in the fall...the time they should have brought the film out theatrically to begin with.

Note to Katie Holmes: please pick up a firehouse, point it at your face, and TURN ON THE FUCKING WATER!!! You're getting way too out of control regrading Tom Cruise*.

(*See the 2005 MTV Movie Awards)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home